More Case Studies
Finding Quick Wins to Efficiency
Our client is a major U.S. health insurer.
Senior leadership suspected that its document control function has multiple opportunities for improving its operational and downstream internal efficiency—a must for achieving prompt pay targets. With multiple sites and a highly complex organization to explore, our client needed a “fresh set of eyes” to dive deep into the organization, identify best practices, and prioritize opportunities for improvement by fastest ROI. Blue Slate’s long experience in this industry made it the best choice to fulfill these requirements.
· Identify both “quick wins” (projects that would yield ROI within 12 months of project launch) and transformational projects to meet the organization’s strategic goals.
· Provide a business case, ROI calculations, and project plan for up to three of the “quick wins.”
· Complete this initial project in the shortest possible time, while setting the stage for continued improvements.
· Reviewed current process, organization, workflow and systems.
· Drawing on relevant experiences and best practices, used a SWOT-like approach to identify areas of opportunity.
· Identified projects from those areas of opportunity and used a prioritization method to categorize as quick wins or transformational projects
· Built project plans with ROI for the quick wins
· Developed a roadmap (BluePRINT) showing how quick wins would drive transformational efforts